Aluminum Windows have many benefits that make them an excellent
choice for residential and commercial projects alike. They are known
for their strength and durability as well as for their history.
Aluminum windows were the first popular type of home window available
and continue to be one of the strongest window materials offered.
Additionally, aluminum is used as an exterior shell to strengthen
wood windows creating what is known
as clad windows. We have provided
a list of the benefits and drawbacks on aluminum windows for you
below as well as a list of the top aluminum window manufacturers.
Benefits of Aluminum Windows
- Do not rust and do a great job of resisting weather
- Blocks noise better than other window material types because
of its heavy weight
- Typically the most cost effective window material
- Because of their strength and durability, aluminum windows
are good for commercial projects, oversized windows, and odd-shaped
- Can be painted (unlike vinyl
windows) but will not look as good with paint job as wood
- Improves the overall look of your home
Drawbacks of Aluminum Windows
- Does not provide good insulation and will not do a good
job of keeping heat in
- Can be prone to condensation
- Less energy efficient than
vinyl windows or wood windows
Below is a list of window replacement manufacturers
who offer aluminum windows:
- Allied Window, Inc. - Offers invisible aluminum storm
- Baut Studios, Inc. - Offers aluminum windows mainly
for commercial projects.
- Custom Window Co. - Offers aluminum windows for historical
buildings and homes.
- EFCO Corp. - Offers aluminum windows and sliding
doors mainly for commercial use.
- Gerkin Windows and Doors - Offers aluminum windows
and patio doors.
- J. Sussman, Inc. - Offers aluminum windows mainly
for commercial religious buildings.
- JELD-WEN - Offers aluminum
windows in the following window lines:
Atlantic Aluminum Windows
- Kawneer Co., Inc. - Offers aluminum windows for historical
buildings, remodels and new construction.
- Moduline Window Systems- Offers aluminum windows
for new construction.
- Peerless Products, Inc. - Offers aluminum and vinyl
- St. Cloud Window, Inc. - Offers aluminum windows
for commercial projects as well as many other products.
- Steiner Doors - Offers aluminum windows and doors
and also Offers on-site installation of its products.
- The Vistawall Group - Offers aluminum Windows mainly
for commercial applications.
- TRACO - Offers thermal aluminum windows.
Need More Help on Aluminum Windows?
We offer Free Aluminum
Window Quotesfrom top quality contractors
who are in your local area. Our contractors are reliable
and have extensive knowledge about aluminum windows and other window
product lines. Aluminum replacement windows are a great way
to increase the value of your home as well as make it a more beautiful
place to live. The service we provide to help you is free
with no obligations.
Windows Cost Tool
Get an Instant Windows Cost Estimate
See photos of the latest aluminum window
designs, styles, and trends.
Go To Our
"ReplacementWindows-Match.com was a great
help to me. They matched me with a local, reliable windows
installer for free!"